A year ago, upon turning 30, I made a list of things that I wanted to learn how to do by the time I was 40. Most of these goals are around travel and transport - being able, no mater what the situation I find myself in, to participate and if need be, get myself out. This list is so I can keep track of these goals, track my progress, and give this all some structure.
Goal: Ride a century
Most Recent Progress: Rode 115 miles!
Next Step: None. Keep doing cool shit on my bike.
- Goal: To be comfortable on a horse at full gallop
- Most Recent Progress: 2-day horse packing trip in Big Bend SP (Dec/Jan '17)
- Next Step: Horse Riding Classes
- Goal: To be able to handle a bike off road over multiple days of riding
- Most Recent Progress: 140km of dirt bike riding in the hills of Shan Stat
- Next Step: Motorcycle safety class and license
- Goal: TBD
- Most Recent Progress: Started climbing at bouldering project, bought shoes.
- Next Step: Meet weekly with Steven Decker to go climbing, discuss potential goal.
- Goal: To Kick Butt (real goal TBD)
- Most Recent Progress: Signed up at Austin Kickboxing Academy, bought boxing gloves
- Next Step: Classes 2-3 times a week
- Goal: Run a marathon
- Most Recent Progress: Ran 8 miles (2016)
- Next Step: TBD
- Goal: Be able to reliably drive a manual transmition
- Most Recent Progress: I drove my dad's manual transmission in the year 2000
- Next Step: Find someone to show me how to drive manual
- Goal: Swim a mile
- Most Recent Progress: I almost swam a lap in a pool once
- Next Step: Learn how to actually swim